Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mother's Day 2008


A day I will not forget in a long while. We had a late night Saturday night with Adam's party at the pub for his lively friends. Dale doesn't sleep in so he made me breakfast in bed, I really enjoyed that! But after 2 cups of tea, the Sunday papers and bacon, mushrooms and eggs, I felt I should do something other than lay around in bed so I put on a load of washing - and then return to bed. I love my bed.


Half an hour later all hell broke loose, the water didn't cut out when filling the machine and flooded the laundry and made a pool down the hallway in the carpet! The commotion got the kids out of bed and it was all hands on deck with every towel we could find. I had to get dressed to take the washing to Mum's to wash and bring back home to dry. I spent the rest of the day washing and drying, leaving notes on neighbour's lines to explain why my towels were hanging here, there and everywhere.


It was mid-afternoon before I calmed down enough to receive my hand made cards and - a CUTTLEBUG!!!! What a great surprise, I had been hinting to my girls but they protested that they had no money!


A week later I am still sorting towels, insurance sent out blow driers for the carpet and then it was steam cleaned. The carpet really needed a good clean.


I haven't even caught up with my Mother In Law yet but her card is pictured with one I made for my Mum. The first time I have used white rub-ons and I can't wait to get my hands on some more. And something to put through the cuttlebug!

No comments: