Sunday, February 3, 2008

DeMengeFever!




It is catching and some of us have it bad!!! After a sleepless night (what to bring/is it packed? etc etc) , Gail and I were off to an early start - no traffic on a Sunday morning, Julian was ready to be picked up and we were in Brunswick before 8.30a.m.




Michael began by explaining the transparency process and techniques, the various glues as well as tips and tricks and it was up to us to plan our piece. Then we had a power tools session, again Michael explaining the ins and outs. Power Tool Queen Jenny provided the best tools! Thanks Jen.

Time to work again until the Painting techniques were demonstrated and explained. Michael is a fabulous teacher making it all look so easy. Later again we were shown metallic/interference paints, so much to take in!


If at any time you needed a bit of help, Michael was there to help you through the processes.


Most of the class got their piece(s) finished and then it was time to assess everyones work. Again Michael was so generous with his time and appraisal of our efforts. I wish I had taken more photos of everyone's work. There was so much diversity with what people started with and how they chose the paints to decorate their work. A truly amazing workshop.

My cigar box is a work in progress, my maternal great grandmother is the subject of my transparency and I want to finish it with some personal pieces rather than the "junk" that has been so treasured and discussed over the weekend.
These workshops have been a long time in the planning stage but the time today just flew! With thanks to Michael of course, Caro (Ancient Echoes) , Marg and Kathy for organising, Gail for transport and to Teresa for putting up with me. Her bum is not big.

3 comments:

Teresa Abajo said...

We had soooo much fun today - thanks for paying so much attention to my ARSEmblage Jo. Seriously tho - I loved your piece - it's so meaningful. And thanks for taking the photo - I love it!

Jen Crossley said...

Looks awesome JO it was such a great weekend.
Your piece was BEAUTIFUL
Jen

Gail said...

I agree, you have written about our weekend so well that I won't have to say anything on mine, but I will put up more images.
Cheers
Gail